Phone Lines Open
+44 0203 0111 456
Free Assessment
Contact OnlineContact Visa Kings Global

UK Sole Representative Visa

The Representative of an Overseas Business visa (also known as a Sole Representative visa) is intended so that an overseas business can establish a commercial presence through an actively trading company by sending over a senior employee as its sole representative. We can make a visa application either for the UK or Isle of Man, with the The Isle of Man offering a number of attractive benefits.

A sole representative

To be a sole representative you must be employed by the parent company in a senior job role and must have the authority to take operational decisions once in the UK or Isle of Man. A sole representative cannot be an agent (self-employed), a sales representative, buyer or a secretary/personal assistant accompanying a sole representative. To be eligible as a sole representative you cannot be a majority shareholder of the company, only those with less than a 50% shareholding will be considered.

Forming a company

Using the experience and support of Canfields Law you can set up a genuine active trading company that reflects the skills of the non-EEA nationals seeking residence and perhaps citizenship in the United Kingdom. We have established close connections on the Isle of Man which we use to ensure the best chance of a successful application and the right business support thereafter.

Canfields Law will incorporate and help establish a branch of the oversea business in the UK or Isle of Man. To meet the requirements of the visa we will ensure that the branch exists as a legal entity and has a bank account and premises. We will help to employ staff and use our business connections wherever possible to help establish the new branch. The applicant will need the relevant qualifications, skills and experience required and must play an active role as a key member of company. Complying with the requirements will ensure that after just five years the applicant will be on track for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Key benefits

  • A sole representative can open a new branch on behalf of the overseas business.
  • Excellent opportunity to expand a business into the lucrative UK and Irish markets.
  • Pathway to Indefinite Leave to Remain after 5 years representing the parent business and thereafter obtaining a UK passport.
  • A sole representative can bring over their family – their spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner and dependent children.

First-class service from
our international team

Be confident that you are in good hands with an experienced team of immigration lawyers and business specialists around the world.

Lexcel Practice Management Standard Law Society AccreditedImmigration Law Practitioners' Association Member Logo

Member Joint Council for
the Welfare of Immigrants

Visa Kings Global's clients benefit from the extensive experience of Canfields Law, a Lexcel accredited, London law practice regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

What our clients say

I have had expert advice and guidance throughout […]
this firm is immeasurably awesome


I am very pleased with the quality of services the company provides. Very responsive to the way they conduct business

I am particularly impressed with the team’s dedication to achieving the set objective

I will never forget your help and support in my life

I don't have the words to say thank you. Without you this journey was impossible

Very well put together. Appreciate it — First Class

I don't have words… how much time and effort you put into my case

Concierge Services icon

Concierge Services

What is too often forgotten is that getting your visa is not the end of the matter.

There is a lot of extra help you may need in getting settled. Very few immigration advisors will offer these services…

We do.

Our concierge services include

  • Assistance in registration with the police and meeting their requirements
  • Obtaining the biometric residence permit (BRP)
  • Applying for a National Insurance number
  • Explaining the position on filing a tax return
  • Registration with a medical practitioner
  • How to open a bank account
  • How to rent or buy a property
  • How to sort out a driving licence
  • Dealing with school admissions